Monday, November 25, 2019

Help fight the Endicott Battery Incinerator!





Hi,

I'm sending this to a) friends & supporters, b) affinity groups, and
c) people who have made comments on this DEC Air Permit application. 


Basic Details

There is a proposed Lithium-ion Battery Recycling facility proposed for Endicott.

It potentially will emit almost 13M lbs of CO2 each year, 18,000 lbs of NOx,
Sulfuric Acid, Formaldehyde, Dioxins, Heavy Metals, Microparticles, Unspecified
Hydrocarbons, Hexavalent Chromium!!!, etc.

Some of these are KNOWN TO CAUSE CANCER.

The facility is about 1/2 mile from my bedroom window!

But Don't Worry!

NYSDEC says there will be "no environmental or health concerns"
and has issued a "Negative Declaration", because, well,
Endicott is already contaminated! And the population is
just a bunch of immigrants, people of color, and section-8 welfare
recipients.

And it's complicated, hard to get support from the environmental
communuity, because everyone thinks we need these
batteries to power our "renewable future",
thus, the need
for facilities like this to deal with recycling the spent batteries.

The local politicians are all on-board, and the DEC is playing
hide-and-seek (typical) keeping the community IN THE DARK
while the FAST TRACK this project.

People live here!
Our lives matter!!

IMPORTANT NEWS!
  1. COMMENT PERIOD EXTENDED
    DEC has extended the comment period to December 5.
       Details and sample letter HERE.
  2. PERMIT FILES OBTAINED!
    I have obtained all of the files relating to the permit.
    DEC REFUSES TO MAKE THESE AVAILABLE on their website!!

    ... but don't worry!
      I've OCR'd them to make them text-searchable,
    and made them available for browsing here:

  3. TinyURL.com/EndicottBatteryIncinerator


    Browse the files, or grab all of the files at once, like this:

    (do this from a desktop computer, not a mobile device)



    If you have time, please grab these files and look them over!
  4. LIVE PODCAST SOON!
    I will be doing a live podcast about this permit soon.
    (Starting probably between 1pm to 2pm)

    I tried this on Friday, but had audio problems.
    + I've added new material!

    To catch it live, the best way is to SUBSCRIBE to the
    Bill Huston Podcast on Youtube:
    TinyURL.com/BillHustonPodcastSubscribe

    Be sure to click the bell and select "All Notifications".

    This could be long, maybe 2 hours.
    I will be releasing shorter clips later today. I hope it will be FUNNY, entertaining, and informative!
  5. I have about $500 in urgent bills this month.

    After a high-paying technical carreer, I have chosen to do
    Public Service work Full-Time. I do ORIGINAL RESEARCH which
    no one else does. See: My Fracking Resume

    I live on the edge of poverty.
    I narrowly escaped HOMELESSNESS last month.

    Please consider making a donation in any amount if you appreciate my work.

    GO FUND ME: gofundme.com/f/bill-huston-podcast-support-112019
  6. You can also continue to use PayPal: TinyURL.com/DonateToBillHuston
    Or USPS: BH, PO Box 22, Endicott NY, 13761
    A famous Youtuber from Oneonta raises $5,000 /mo!
    I just need ~1/10th of that!!
Thank you!
BH


--
William Huston:  WilliamAHuston@gmail.com
Binghamton NY

Public Service Mapping / Videography / Research / Education / Safety Advocacy
Blog -- Facebook -- Twitter  -- Youtube -- Podcast Blog
Document collections: VirtualPipelines -- BHDCSDimockArchive
Please support my work! -- TinyURL.com/DonateToBillHuston



No comments:

Post a Comment