Sunday, October 6, 2019

Many thanks! + Last update for a while



First I want to express extreme gratitude to EVERYONE who

a) donated money to help me
b) offered kind words of appreciation
c) shared by cry for help on email lists / social media
d) just sent prayers or best intentions

I received about 1/3 of what I needed.
($1700 of $5000).

Junk Car

And that $5k does not include the $400 I blew
trying to get my 23 y/o car back on the road.
It needs a ton of work, brakes, steering...

But the biggest issue is a blown rear engine seal.
It leaks oil out as fast as I put it in. I got it back to
Endicott, but it's basically not drivable (except
very short trips).  I think it's heading to the scrap yard.

My Angel Co-Pilot for the day.

Even though the car was a disaster, I must
express my DEEP THANKS to my friend GB
(and bother JB) who went above and beyond
to help a friend in need.

GB was one of my first friends I met in Binghamton.
(Introduced by MT) Probably 2002?


GB is like a spiritual master disguised as a giant Smurf.

It's REALLY DIFFICULT to deal with an emotional basket
case like me, and I honestly spent 1/2 of my time with
him sobbing uncontrollably.

He hugged me, called me brother, gave me pair of
lightly-worn hiking boots, was my co-pilot/wing man the
whole day as we tried to get my car home.

GB told me, through my tears:

"Bill, people love you.
People respect you.
People appreciate your work!
You deserve to live!

Forget the haters!
Don't focus on that.
Let it go.

Keep on going! Things will get better.
You have so much to give!
We need more people like you.

Keep looking forward. Don't look back.
When you mind slips into negative zones,
stories of failure, betrayal, abandonment,
personally attacks...

Go into the woods!
Look at the fall colors!
It's beautiful!

Look! there's a Red Tailed Hawk! See it?
We live in Heaven!"

So even though my car is DOA,
GB really helped me get my head straight.
Spending the day with GB was like an amazing gift,
disguised as a disaster.

I can't thank you enough, my brother.

Some breathing room

But thanks to YOU I now have some working capital
with which to do something.

I don't have enough to find a new place, and I
have to be out by Tuesday. I can't see how
I can accomplish everything I need to by then.

My newer friend EM took me to get boxes today.
I went out for shipping tape, and there I was in CVS.
My stress level is so great, I had trouble with basic math,
trying to figure out the best deal.

"Buy one and get the 2nd at Half Price!"

To hell with that! I just grabbed one randomly.

I went for Chinese take-out, and started crying as
I tried to place my order. The poor kid had no idea.

I got some tea and tried to cry softly, facing away,
so no one could hear.

He gave me three fortune cookies.
I haven't open them.

Baby Steps

I know I must focus on baby steps...
one ... thing...at..a...time...

My problems are so great, I have been really
considering riding my bike into the woods and
never coming back! Everyone has to go sometime.
Donate my body to the coyotes.

But then I would be letting down all of 124x of YOU,
who gave me your friendship, faith, kindness,
appreciation, and support over the years.

I KNOW the Earth is hurting.
I KNOW I have skills & talents no one else has. 
I KNOW I have a lot more I can do to help people,
protect water, protect the Earth. 
I know the Earth needs all of us.

I'm reminded of this quote by one of my friends (and heroes):

"It is time now to play the save the world symphony. I don't know what instrument you hold, but you need to play it as best as you can and find your place in the score. You don't have to play a solo here. But this is our task now.... No matter how difficult this is ..., we're going to have to..." -- Dr Sandra Steingraber, Bill Moyers & Co, 4/19/2013

So despite my tears of utter exasperation,
I will promise to try to persevere.
FOR YOU, and for the Earth, and for God.

10,000 thanks to a few of my Super Donors
who have gone WAY above and beyond.
You know who you are!! 

(a few: BA, VW, MS, DM, AM, SM, LM,
I can't name you all!
Sorry if I missed you)

So as of Tuesday, I am homeless.
I have no plan, no place to go, no car.
Maybe a miracle will appear before then.

My emergency ditch-out plan is to stuff as
much as I can into storage, but w/o a car or
someone with a truck, even this seems impossible.
Anyway, again... THANK YOU!!
I do not know where I would be without you.

I'm shutting off my computer now.
I don't know when I'll be back online.
(I'll still will have access via my phone for a while)

Please wish me luck, send good vibes, best intentions
(or maybe a silent prayer if you are into that)

BH

May You and All Beings
be Happy and Free from Suffering!
(ancient Buddhist prayer, "metta")

My PayPal (works best for most): TinyURL.com/DonateToBillHuston
Alternate Paypal: paypal.me/BillHuston/ (fill in the blank)
A collection of some of my videos from 10 years: Tinyurl.com/BillHustonFrackingVideos


--
William Huston:  WilliamAHuston@gmail.com
Binghamton NY

Public Service Mapping / Videography / Research / Education / Safety Advocacy
Blog -- Facebook -- Twitter  -- Youtube -- Podcast Blog
Document collections: VirtualPipelines -- BHDCSDimockArchive
Please support my work! -- TinyURL.com/DonateToBillHuston



No comments:

Post a Comment